Dear new users!

All messages from new users are moderated by administrator. Keep patience if You first message is not published, You will see it as soon as it will be accepted. Additional, new users have restriction in using of private message system.

How adapt Cluster 2K5 920 976 E

Discussions of VDOEditor utility and everything regarding VDO clusters
bratek

How adapt Cluster 2K5 920 976 E

Post by bratek » 27 Sep 2023 14:39

Hello everyone

Some time ago I bought a used instrument cluster 2K5 920 976 E HW 04 SW 1107, according to the database it should be Color 3D.
I want to install it on a Caddy 1.6 TDI from 2012, which currently has 2K0 920 965 E HW 03 SW 0606
I tried to adapt it in various ways, I guess I don't know enough about it.
Odis online does not allow you to replace it in the usual way (I assume that the new one is already from the MQB platform), using Abrites AVDI I read all the data from the old counter, but I cannot run the new one in boot mode to transfer the data. I have downloaded the EEprom bin file from the new counter using the programmer. I open it in VDOEditor, import it from the old one, upload it back and an error occurs.
The main question is, can it be flashed to another version so that it no longer has Component Protection? I assume this is the case because I read on the forum that newer EEproms have some changes in the structure.
I want the new one to be at least in Color, ideally in 3D, for example from Touran or Tiguan.
Thank you in advance for any information and suggestion

bratek