Dear new users!

All messages from new users are moderated by administrator. Keep patience if You first message is not published, You will see it as soon as it will be accepted. Additional, new users have restriction in using of private message system.

VDOeditor 1.x [terminated]

Discussions of VDOEditor utility and everything regarding VDO clusters
pvc1

Re: VDO Editor [v1.0.3.7]

Post by pvc1 » 18 Dec 2018 15:50

v. 1.0.4.0
+ Added speedometer CRC calculation
+ Added speedometer conversation
+ Perepared for migration VDOeditor (stage 2)

pvc1

Re: VDO Editor [v1.0.4.0]

Post by pvc1 » 09 Jan 2019 09:36

v. 1.0.4.1
+ Modified layouts values according database
+ Added speedometer real value conversation

pvc1

Re: VDO Editor [v1.0.4.1]

Post by pvc1 » 23 Jan 2019 12:03

v. 1.0.4.2
* Fixed speedometer import

fireball

Re: VDO Editor [v1.0.4.2]

Post by fireball » 25 Mar 2019 12:34

Hi,

would it be possible to support

1Z0920843S H06 0608?

It's currently not listeed as compatible and indeed does not identify correctly as BW Highline - additionally the incoming speed speedometer data is identified as miles/hour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skodapilot
Site Admin

Post by skodapilot » 25 Mar 2019 13:29

Cluster is not in built-in white list, but you can create and use external yourself. Cluster is supported. Markers are required to notify user to check cluster type should be selected correctly manually, due to automatic detection was impossible

Regarding incoming values ​​detection. Version 1.x will not receive scale fixing update. Usually it's not necessary to change incoming values manualy.
Version 2.x has improved view of scales configuration.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fireball

Post by fireball » 26 Mar 2019 11:02

Great, thanks - I was just afraid that maybe the EEPROM Layout could be different.

Regarding the incoming data: it depends what you want to do: the incoming value mapping also corrects the MaxiDot digital speed data, which is interesting and important for global correction of the cluster, for example in case of different, bigger tires or if you just want to correct the speed data according to GPS or ABS/CAN values.

This was working great on my 0607, since the incoming values scale is correctly shown as km/h, but the 0608 shows m/h, which doesn't fit the cluster and as far as I have seen cannot be switched manually.

But: this is not so important for me at the moment (maybe I'll just try to patch the bin for 0607 and then back again) - working in new 2.x version would be great.

EDIT: with external whitelist, editing of curves is ok, but the picture on the left side stays as m/h. Nevermind, it's working so far.

skodapilot
Site Admin

Post by skodapilot » 26 Mar 2019 13:04

fireball wrote: 26 Mar 2019 11:02 the incoming value mapping also corrects the MaxiDot digital speed data, which is interesting and important for global correction of the cluster, for example in case of different, bigger tires or if you just want to correct the speed data according to GPS or ABS/CAN values.
Yes, You are right. To decrease speed error incoming data should be modified. That's why I fully modified working with scales. I think it will provide high accuracy of edit, due to unnecesary conversations were removed. Unfortunatly, it is impossible to bring only this modification in version 1.х, due to it is global update.