Dear new users!

All messages from new users are moderated by administrator. Keep patience if You first message is not published, You will see it as soon as it will be accepted. Additional, new users have restriction in using of private message system.

Audi A3 8P needle sweep

Discussions of VDOEditor utility and everything regarding VDO clusters
primoz30

Audi A3 8P needle sweep

Post by primoz30 » 05 Mar 2022 02:01

Hello to everybody!

So as the title says, I am struggling to get the needle sweep function active on Audi A3 8P 2005 MY. As far as I have read, on certain Audi's and VW's it is almost impossible to activate it (channel is locked or unavailabe in VCDS). But I have seen a yt video of a guy, who managed to do it - it is basic "RED" odometer without FIS screen in the middle - please see the attached picture (sorry for the bad quality). So I am asking for help, did anybody of you guys managed to activate this feature? The SW/HW number of particular odometer is 8P0 920 900 K. I also attached the dump from it (it was pulled with SMOK), eeprom inside is 93c86. Thanks for your help and time!

Regards,

Primož
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

djdvr

Re: Audi A3 8P needle sweep

Post by djdvr » 17 Mar 2022 19:11

Not possible in 93c86 , only newer Micronas ones can be done and not all of them.
Cluster look the same but have different hardware/software in them.

primoz30

Re: Audi A3 8P needle sweep

Post by primoz30 » 28 Mar 2022 23:05

Thanks for your answer!