Dear new users!

All messages from new users are moderated by administrator. Keep patience if You first message is not published, You will see it as soon as it will be accepted. Additional, new users have restriction in using of private message system.

VDO Cluster in kitcar

Discussions of VDOEditor utility and everything regarding VDO clusters
nicktruman

VDO Cluster in kitcar

Post by nicktruman » 06 May 2020 13:16

Hi, I need help please and I am really hoping you can help.
I have built a mid engined car that uses a 20v AWT 1.8T Audi drive train from a Passat B5.5. for a dashboard I am using a VDO cluster 3b0209929 which i believe is immo3. however the dash is not happy and is displaying STOP messages on the multi function display, this is because (i think) there is no ABS or air bag, and the can bus is throwing errors from the engine ecu. The wiring loom between engine and VDO cluster is really hacked up to just leave the basic bits i need to get lights on and start engine but I do have a OBD2 socket and vcds
We have tried and tried to get rid of the STOP message on the display, but we cant. We tried to add the cluster to the ECU (ME7.5 4B0 906 018 DH) by going through channel 50 and getting the cluster to learn the ecu but that wouldn't work.. We have tried sofy coding the cluster and ecu to stop messages but that doesn't work.
Do you know a way of disabling these messages at the cluster please?
Thanks in advance Nick